Tuesday, April 05, 2011

D is for Dreaming

Sigmund FreudImage via Wikipedia
"D" is for dreaming. That's what I love doing. I'm a sleep junky. Years ago I kept a dream journal and wrote everything I could remember about my dreams when I woke up, or by the end of the day. The more I paid attention to my dreams the more I could remember. When I started having two or three pages a day it became too much to keep up with and I stopped writing them down.


I can fall asleep in seconds. I can steer a dream or become lucid within one and guide it. It can be fun.

I can close my eyes and visualize a place and wander around in it. Float or "drive" through the spaces, roads or forests.

What can you do?
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. I do like my sleep! My wife says I spoil dreams because I'm so aware at the time, and if it doesn't line up with reality, I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i'm stressed out I fly in my dreams. I dream in color and see myself -- like I'm watching a play.
    GigglesandGuns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man. If my dreams line up too much with reality, I'm out of there. Let's fly, talk to purple lions and sail away on a root bear ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are very much alike in this respect. I used to record nearly all of my dreams. I stopped doing that, but I still love my dream life. I wish there was a way to record them to watch them back. It might freak us out though. Do you think so?

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had more time to sleep! I LOVE sleep and dreams. I usually allow myslef to believe my dreams are magical and have cosmic meaning. Makes life more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlee, oh, yes. Please no recorders in there! Ha!

    Crystal: I agree with you. Today I heard a story about a dream about a dog and in the dream, the dreamer called to this dog by her name. Within 2 days that dreamer owned that very dog and of course named her the name she called her. "Piper" by the way.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts