Thursday, October 28, 2010

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - should lead to the TV series.

Yet another distraction, but look at this scene from The Force Unleashed II.








It's so exquisitely acted by the digital characters. The stormtroopers move so very realistically. It's an excellent piece of game cinematics. Even the human character is rendered with exceptionally high level of craft.

E3 2010 a shot from the Star Wars the Force Un...Image by popculturegeek.com via Flickr
It makes me sad to hear about the live action Star Wars television series is on hold when a snippet of the universe delivered here is so nice. Perhaps we're waiting for the next big leap, like the "dinosaur leap" that green-lighted Episode I. This was our ability to create the dinosaurs so realistically in Jurassic Park that impressed George enough to be able to bring Jar Jar to life. {Yes, this is me being more sarcastic than Mr. Lucas deserves. I really like Jar Jar... now.  But that's a whole other post.}


George LucasImage via Wikipedia



So it would be too expensive to produce right now, Mr. Lucas? Really? I'm so sorry to hear that. I would like to put my vote in for seeing the new series verses having 3D versions of the 6 movies, but I know it's a good move. We will all go see them in the theater again as they come out. I promise. And we'll bring our kids.

And THEN, when we're all excited about Star Wars again, you can launch the new TV series and we'll line up to buy the new action figures.

Promise.



I haven't experienced the first Force Unleashed game but I'm interested in reading the book by Sean Williams. The story has gotten some high marks. Too bad this new installment isn't getting the rave reviews. I'm sure it's going to be pretty fun to play regardless.

Plug the big speakers in and send the kids away for the weekend kind of fun.

{Oh, that sounds so sad.}



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look a bonus post. This was supposed to go out Friday. Enjoy it anyway. I Love this clip. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sending the kids away and plugging in the big speakers sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts