Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm your Venus--of Willendorf

Deutsch: Venus von Willendorf
Deutsch: Venus von Willendorf (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
One of the most iconic sculptures from our art education, the Venus of Willendorf, is also one of our favorites. She's so happy for someone who was born roughly between 24,000 and 22,000 BCE.

The wiki page says, she's now referred to as the Woman of Willendorf. I don't like alliteration much and she'll always be my Venus.


Mrs. SFDaddy makes soap with her image and we wanted to share. (You can purchase her soap, too.)


Then there's the Bananarama bit, that I'm referring to in the post. I have found that I need to explain a lot of my references to the kids. Here's the song. Kids, don't be too influenced by this video. Do you notice how they mostly just wave their arms in the air like muppets?



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts